Wednesday 27 May 2009

Talking about holidays - Venice



For my holidays I would like to go to Venice that is a city in northern Italy. It's an interesting place where all the canals are flooded so you can't walk through the street. The classical Venetian boat is the gondola, although it is now mostly used for tourists. Most Venetians now travel by motorised waterbuses (vaporetti).


In Venice, I would like to get on a gondola and to see the canals and the many bridges like the Bridge of Sighs, called Ponte dei Sospiri in Italian. I also want to see the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana, the Galleria Internazionale d'Arte Moderna and the Palazzo Fortuny, which are wonderful places with an important part of the Venecian culture.

The Carnival of Venice was first recorded in 1268 and it's recognized all over the world. That's why I want to see it. People wear beautiful masks and you can really have fun. It would be so enjoyable and unforgettable.

No comments: